Happy, happy New Year! First off, I want to say a big thanks if you followed my blog and/or blog’s media platforms in 2017. I know it’s a baby in the world of blogs but any support is appreciated. Blogging was something I was contemplating for a long time and I finally worked up the courage to post Redhead American this past August. I have received really kind feedback since then which always makes me smile, so thank you very, very much!
I hope you had a fun and safe New Year’s! NYE celebrations for me took place in Belfast at a small house party. Maybe I can’t even call it that, let’s say a gathering. There was drinks and dancing and overall it was just very fun. I’m bummed that I hardly took any pictures which leads to resolution number one…
- Take more pictures!!! This one frustrates me. I need to take way, way more! I’m hopefully getting my good camera fixed up this week or next. I use an iPhone 6 most of the time, but it’s pretty old so sometimes photos are a bit fuzzy. It still works well otherwise though so I don’t see a point in upgrading. So stay tuned for better quality pictures…
- Unplug more. I know it’s great keeping in touch, especially when you live far away. I’m definitely a little guilty of getting stuck on my cell phone sometimes. Especially when I’m traveling!
- This leads into…read more books when waiting for planes, trains, buses, you name it. (If you have suggestions of any good reads, toss them my way!) I’m not going to set a specific number of books per month because final semester of uni should be enough work. My brother got me this one for Christmas so that’s my next read.
- Get comfortable AND simultaneously cute traveling shoes. I have yet to find a good pair. My go-to is my white low-top converse to allow me to walk more. I don’t like bringing a lot of shoes. I usually bring just one so it’s tricky because sneakers/runners can’t always get into bars/clubs (some bouncers just don’t allow you to!) Suggestions?
- Less chains, more local cafes. Self explanatory. Support local businesses whenever you can! Here’s a read from Love.Live.Local (based in Massachusetts) about why shopping local is important.
- Skip the cab and walk more (if it’s wicked cold or raining I may get one, understandably) and discover more.
- See a country I never thought I’d go to. Like I said in my recent post, traveling opens your eyes. I’m really excited to see what adventures 2018 holds.
- Be kinder to the planet while traveling. Less plastic (particularly plastic water bottles)! I’m gonna invest in an eco-friendly water bottle very soon.
Of course I have all the typical ones like, establish a more structured exercise routine, eat healthier, drink more water, etc. but these are ones are more travel oriented. I’m super stoked for 2018 and hope you are too! What are your New Year resolutions?
Best of luck on achieving yours!