I’m as pale as they come. If you don’t know, Irish girls love love love their tan. When I first moved to Ireland the girls I made friends with were like ‘where is your tan Laura?!?’ Amongst other things like ‘you can’t wear flip flops to the club’ and ‘do you have a dress with you?’ Haha, so American upon arrival. I’ve really settled in well here…maybe too well some may say!
If I’m going out out, I’m using tan. I do it the day before. And the day before that, I shave and moisturise to prevent the tan from settling into pores leaving dark little spots. It makes such a difference and Tantastic advises this on their bottles as well!
My favourite out of the 4 tans was the liquid! It goes on so well and gives you a colour immediately then sets in over the course of the day. I wear shade medium so you know it’s not too dark for you if you’re pale and wondering if it’ll be too much.
Tantastic is a Belfast based company. Which is supporting super local for me because I live in the city😊👍🏻 The brand is super popular with Irish gals and here’s why!
The best things about Tantastic:
1. It’s Irish ☘ Support local, guys! Tantastic can be found in pharmacies across the UK and Ireland.
2. It doesn’t smell like tan. It smells good actually. The lotion smells really nice.
3. It dries quick. There’s no need to feel like you’ve to stand around for an hour, preventing you from getting dressed and going out.
4. You don’t have to wash it off a few hours later. Wash it off 7 hrs later or leave it on depending on the type of tan (liquid, spray etc).
5. It hydrates your skin instead of drying it out.
6. Vegan for all the vegans out there! I’m not vegan but I always am happy to use a product that is.
7. It’s controllable. Usually I shy away from the shade medium as I’m seriously pale but medium was perfect and not an overbearing colour like other tans.
My top tips when using this tan is make sure you’re using the recommended mitt and also make sure you apply generously!