Green Angel has been a favourite of mine for over a year now. It’s a line of products that I’m excited to wake up and use and I don’t say that about many! When I went home to America for Christmas last year I brought some for my mom and she instantly loved the products too and put them on THIS year’s Christmas list. If she’s good Irish Santa might pack some in my suitcase for her!😉
The new luxury line consists of fresh Irish seaweed (rich in iron, iodine, trace elements and vitamins) products like cleansing lotion, facial toner, moisturiser and body oil. All of which are so refreshing and leave your skin feeling nourished and clean. Each Green Angel product is made with natural and organic ingredients too which adds an element of relaxation, and for myself, the assurance that I’m not putting anything dangerous on my face or body. In fact, everything I’m massaging in, is benefiting and nourishing my skin. In the little routine I’ve developed with this line, I use the gentle cleansing lotion then remove with a warm wet cloth followed by spritzing toner to remove any excess dirt and then finish with the seaweed moisturiser (my favourite!). The other day I forgot to put on primer and just had the moisturiser on underneath my foundation and it stayed surprisingly really well so that’s also a major plus for all makeup wearers.
Also I must say, the new packaging is really gorgeous. It’s definitely an excellent Christmas present for anyone, for those of you who may be potentially shopping around already or seeking inspiration!
As always, I love supporting quality Irish brands and I can’t say enough good about Green Angel! Their award wins speak for themselves!
Definitely a ‘bedside staple.’
*Kind thanks to Mary and Chris at Green Angel for gifting me these products. Really happy to work with a great brand again!
I’m not alone here when I say airplanes do something to my skin. It totally dries mine out. The airplane is not the cleanest place so I apply my cream/moisturizer on my face before and after I fly. I also find when I’m traveling I use makeup wipes A LOT more…Which, yes, are not so good for your precious skin. If I’m in a time crunch or super tired I’ll reach for a makeup wipe or micellar water before I go to sleep. It’s better than sleeping with your makeup on.
It’s always important to look after your face and body! Especially around the holiday season it’s essential to take good care of your face to avoid pesky spots for pictures/nights out and have smooth skin to apply fake tan. Lucky me, I rarely break out which I’m super thankful for. I used to have horrible acne when I was around 13-15 years old. From there on I’ve just had occasional spots. Here are a few things I am currently doing/using before the holiday season where I’ll be flying to Boston and back to Ireland again.
1. Hydration before/after the flight is key. Drink loads of water. The air on the plane can seriously dry out your skin.
2. Moisturize after the skin is already clean and/or exfoliated. I like this one called Seaweed & Tea Tree Rescue Cream and it really does smell like tea tree oil (I love essential oils so that made me happy!) The ‘rescue’ part is actually a natural antiseptic! It’s made from Tea Tree essential oil and seaweed from Ireland. I actually had a couple of spots before I began using it and they cleared up in about two days. It can also be used for lots of skin irritations.
3. And don’t forget the rest of your body. I am currently using oil! A lot of people just stop at lotion/cream/moisturizer for their face. This one is brilliant and smells divine. It makes my skin feel really smooth on my upper arms. Something about the lavender in it makes using it relaxing.
4. Eating well in general but…Antioxidants are a big one for making the skin glow. I get a lot of mine from blueberries in my smoothies. Overall, nutrients are important.
5. Vitamins. Regarding skin, A, B, C, E and K (yes, I put them in alphabetical order) are the best to make sure you’re getting enough of. I recently picked up a few different bottles at the health store in town for the winter time.
I loved trying Green Angel Skincare‘s products and had fun featuring them in this post. The cool thing about them is they are a local company based in Ireland. After reading up on their website, I was happy to see the founders were really passionate about skincare. They use a lot of Irish seaweed and natural ingredients containing vitamins and minerals perfect for replenishing the skin. They’d make excellent Christmas gifts!
Take good care of your skin! Traveling is a time that can really wear it out. Also, shop local if and when you can.
(Big thanks to Green Angel Skincare for sending me these products! The two featured were my favorites. Find more at http://www.greenangel.com. All opinions are my own.)